Leasing a property for use in your business is a major commitment, both financially and in terms of the period of occupation. It is also a legally binding contract, meaning that a breach by either yourself or your landlord could result in court action.
This is why it makes sense to seek specialist legal advice from solicitors with experience of advising commercial tenants before you sign a lease or enter into any form of agreement.
At Pearson Rowe, we have particular expertise in helping commercial tenants at every stage of their tenancy, from the proposal stage through to ending your tenancy, and can help ensure that any agreement you enter into is in your best interests and those of your business.
Drawing on our commercial expertise and awareness, we can advise on:
- Lease negotiations, including short term and flexible leases;
- Obtaining rent free periods when agreeing a lease;
- Avoiding rent deposits, or, if unavoidable, protecting your deposit;
- Avoiding personal guarantees;
- Litigation if you believe your landlord has breached the lease agreement.
We are also experienced in resolving disputes between tenants and landlords via alternative means such as mediation and arbitration, where appropriate.
For further information on any of our high quality legal services for commercial tenants provided by our solicitors in Birmingham, please contact us.